Sunday, August 2, 2009

I John 4:4-6 A different address

Devotional using scripture, quote from John Calvin and thoughts for the day each day- on the 500th anniversary of Calvin's birth.

You dear children are from God and have overcome them, because the one who is in you is gfeater than the one in the world.
They are from the world and therefore speak from the viewpoint of the world,
And the world listens to them.
We are from God, and whoever knows God listens to us. This is how we recognize the spiritof truth and the spirit of falsehood.

I'm in Peru til 8/8 as I write this, and am doing so on my blackberry- so the blog will be shorter for a few days
Maybe I can get my thumbs back later...

Calvin really abridged- Whatever conflicts we may have with the world and the flesh
We will certainly win in the end. Hard and fierce conflicts await us, and sometimes they pile on I. Rapid succession.
But just by striving we become conquerors. We shall stand through the power of God.

Thought- NEVER give up in your fight against sin and evil. Put yourself on God's side and the victory is sure.
I appreciate the encouragement and hope we all do. Some people here in Peru are fascinated with sin.
But the church next door was singing lte into the night and early in the morning
It is important to be at the right address- on the best side

Prayer- Let me strive to ever be on your side, Lord, and draw others there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment